RSS

February 8, 2011

Jill's introduction

Hi Everyone! After seeing Martina post the link to this blog recently at the yuku board I knew it was just what I needed to get back to my poor, neglected Chatelaine wips! My name is Jill and I have been stitching since I was 10 (I am 32 now...). I have two kids, both boys, ages 10 and 1. I also work out of the home part-to-full time (depending on the week) as an electrical engineer. I have learned that even 5 minutes of stitching here and there will eventually add up to a finish! I've finished a handful of Chatelaine designs, have 8 in progress, and 30 or so fully kitted and ready to start anytime. I first found Martina's lovely designs when Convents Herb Garden was a mystery and the original castle design (which I have) was available as a kit directly from Martina. I have had to slow down my kitting of recent designs, but I still fully intend to stitch everything of hers...someday!

Some of these pictures aren't the best quality but I want to include a few of my earlier finishes anyway. Hopefully I can get some good light and take some newer pictures at some point. For now, here are my finished Chatelaines!


Evening in the Park (stitched when it was a mystery):
chatmystery8

Indian Summer Reflections (stitched when it was a mystery):
chatm6fin

Snowflake Nativity (stitched when it was a mystery):
chatxmasmystery1

Amethyst:
chatminih

Emerald:
chatminiE

Alpine Seasons (my favorite finish so far):
chatalpineseasons

Mini Mystery I:
downloaded09282008 001


Next time I'll post some wip pictures!

8 comments:

http://ingridsknitting.blogspot.be/ said...

ooohhh my gosh ..... They look beautiful piece by piece, i have evening in the park in my stash! The stitching of a mystery is so exciting! Alpine Seasons is also on my wish list, it is super nice!
You make beautiful things!

heather said...

Your stitching is beautiful! Alpine Seasons is one of my favorites, too.

Joysze said...

Oh me, oh my............ hubba hubba, Jill!! They're goooooorgeous!! :D :D

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I actually feel like I need to keep my inhaler by the computer every time I log on this site!!

I have never had my breath taken away so often as with these beautiful designs.

When I first started stitching in 1993 it was hard to find anything different to teddy bears and flowers. These are in another league entirely!

Isabelle said...

Oh My Godness !!! how many gorgeous stitchings !!! They all are really beauties !!!

Yany said...

Love your Alpine too!! But all are gorgeous!! Congratulations!

Stitching Sweetie said...

Those are all stunning!!!

MysteryKnitter said...

That alpine thing is awesome.

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.