July 30, 2013

Summer Knotgarden

I almost forgot to post my happy dance here!!  After almost three years, I finished Summer Knotgarden.

July 28, 2013

Autumn (Pear Tree) Fairy Happy Dance!

Finished today - first is a photo of part 6 (the tree section), and then a shot of the entire design.

I just love my two fairies! Thanks for looking!

polar part 10

We have in the Netherlands a real heat wave is making you more inside than outside.
It was time for me to sew the beads and then was part 10 of this gorgeous design again ready.
(Next time first iron)
photo close up on my blog

note: according to the material list we have 4 x swarovski 3700 8mm needed (F)
2 are placed in each corner so the total is 8

thanks for looking

July 12, 2013

Autumn Fairy, part 5

Seeing Spring Fairy recently finished made me want to work on Autumn Fairy again. Over the past couple of evenings I worked on and finished part 5. Here are closeups of part 5 (though a little fuzzy, sorry!).  Click each to view larger versions.

Once I finished part 5, I decided to go ahead and correct the crystals. I had previously put the heart in the top, and it just looked out of place there to me. Once I stitched part 4, I realized that it would look much better there.

Of course, then I had to decide what to put in the top part where I took the heart off. I found this crystal teardrop (and Spring Fairy has a crystal teardrop in the same location, so it seems like a no-brainer). Martina may have updated the instructions since she released the design, but I can't find anything in my chart about this, so I'm just going with what I think looks good. I'm not sure what color this is, but it's kind of a dark topaz.

Here is the entire design so far.

Being so close to the finish line on this one, I'm going to continue working on it - all I have left is the tree.

Thanks for looking!

July 1, 2013

Spring Appleblossom Fairy Finished!

I put the final stitches in part 6 today, finishing Spring Fairy after just over 2 years in progress.  Happy Dancing!!!!!

In part 6 (the tree), I used the wrong color in thee lower right part of the tree by mistake. It was supposed to be Waterlilies Alpine Moss, but I used Dinky Dyes Blue Mountains. I liked it so much that I used it a little more in the design, and I like the subtle effect.
Powered by Blogger.