RSS

February 18, 2014

Seaside Mystery - Obsessive Cross Stitcher

Hi I'm Nicola - otherwise known as the Obsessive Cross Stitcher.  Let me tell you a little bit about myself.  I live in the UK in Stockport (near Manchester).  I'm 38 years old and live with my husband and 4 year old son.  I've been stitching since I was about 10 years old and like many other stitchers have amassed a stash which will most definitely exceed my lifetime - but I have to keep adding to it!  I have four Chatelaines Seaside Mystery, Sleeping Beauty's Castle, Autumn Hydrangea and Sparkling Peacock.  Sleeping Beauty's Castle has been kitted up and is a WIP but I haven't started Autumn Hydrangea or Sparkling Peacock yet.

For the Stitching Bandits Chatelaine Challenge I will be stitching on the Seaside Mystery.  Here's where I left it last time I stitched on it.


I'm stitching on a hand dyed fabric from Crafty Kitten called Sunlit Water and it's 32 count Joblean.  I'm stitching it with the speciality threads recommended by Martina but I've substituted the DMC threads with silks from the Silk Mill.  

I'm planning on working on this on the first week of each month as I have four projects in rotation at the moment.  I am currently stitching a model for Northern Expressions Needlework which is my focus piece and I will be working on that two weeks out of every month.  When I finish that I may increase my stitching time on this to two weeks each month instead of one.

So I think that's all for now - if you've any questions please do ask.  Really hoping this challenge makes me see some good progress on this piece and hoping that seeing every one else beautiful work doesn't mean I end up buying too many more Chatelaines!

Keep stitching and smiling

Nic
xoxo

7 comments:

Shebafudge said...

I can't wait to see progress on this one! I have seen so few progress photos of it. Maybe I will pop over and see it in person when it's finished as I am only in Denton!

Angie said...

Love the fabric

Joysze said...

Looking forward to seeing this one take shape, Nic. :D

Stitching Noni said...

Can't wait to see more of this one :)
Hugs x

Isabelle said...

Hello Nicola, it is great to meet you:) Your start on this one looks nice and we all can wait to see more:)

Kate said...

Lovely! cant wait to see it grow!

Nic said...

Thanks for everyone's comments. Shebafdge I can't believe you live in Denton! What a small world :-)

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.