RSS

May 29, 2014

Chinese Garden - Part 3 finished

Part 3 went more quickly than expected, though having a long weekend definitely helped.  And neglecting the yard work, it was sort of rainy so it didn't take much convincing on my part.  The first picture again is just the cross stitches completed.  I used quarter stitches in the tree on the left instead of 3/4 ones which left it a bit airy, maybe too airy.  How do you decide when the pattern means 1/4 vs 3/4 stitches?


The next picture is with the decorative stitching done, it took me about a day and a half.  Didn't track my time, I usually don't.  I did forget to take a picture just the decorative stitching done, so ignore the bit of back stitching you see.  I love the stitches under the roof line and decided to use two plies of the pale green that crosses the dark gray jessica like stitch.  I wanted a little more pop.  I also came across my first skein of badly dyed thread (Silk n Color), the candy cane effect, fortunately the color is very pale anyway so the effect is barely noticeable but I could see how a skein would be unusable if it were a vibrant color.  I may try to order another skein of the right stuff as my LNS is about an hour away.


Lastly is the completed moon gate to the north, now on to the east gate which highlights the Great Wall.


 

Leonore, I had to look up Fatal Frame, as I never played it.  As it is a console game I'll probably never get to either, I'm one of those PC players.  I can see why you might have a different feeling for moon gates though after reading about it.  Fortunately there are lots of other mandalas to stitch. :-D

3 comments:

Leonore Winterer said...

Well I can live with moon gates if they are as pretty as this one ^_^

Susan said...

Don't you just love when the weather cooperates with your stitching plans? 8-) Love all the speciality stitches in the gate.

Stitching Noni said...

Fantastic stitching! Love you speciality stitches :o)
I always find it a bit of struggle with 1/4 and 3/4 stitches....
Love your moon gates :o)
Hugs x

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.