RSS

June 21, 2016

Old World Vinery Progress

I have been working on this project exclusively this month.

I have found that no matter how many times I read the instructions i ALWAYS make some kind of mistake.  I used two threads instead of one for the half stitches that are purple around the center.  Of course, I had done the whole thing before I realized it, so I am going to leave it.  Grrrrr.


I also discovered that I am terrible at backstitching.  I tried and tried and frogged and restitched, but I just cannot get the backstitching around the leaves just inside the orange border to look right.  So, I made the executive decision to just leave it off.  For the time being anyway.  It feels like I am cheating somehow!

I am also beading as I go even though it is hard to see in the photos.  I am using batting, thanks to recommendations from other Chatelaine stitcher, as I roll it up on the frame.  


I am enjoying this project so much, mistakes and all.  I never cease to be amazed at these incredible designs.  The use of variegated threads mades each stitcher's piece just a little bit different.  With all the errors I make, I think my pieces may be a little overly unique!  But I do love them.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Lovely progress ;). I don't mind back stitching but I hate couching

Karen said...

It's coming along wonderfully :) I like backstitching sometimes - it's a bit more mindless in some cases.

Jayne said...

It's beautiful. A big reason why I like the Chatelaine designs so much is that each stitcher's piece looks different because of the variegated threads and our own personal touches. Or in my case, my mistakes! I've been working again on Egypt Garden after a long period of several years of not working on it at all.

Unknown said...

WOW! That is AMAZING! I love all the details. Your post is the reason why I fell in love with these designs. THANKS for all the pictures. They really shows how amazing it really is.

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.